It’s that time of year! And by that, I mean it’s gift guide time!
I love a good gift guide. They take the guesswork out of finding the perfect gift for someone with a hobby you may not know much about. Like food photography!
So read on for my 2019 guide to gifts any food photographer will love! P.S. — if you need more inspiration, head to my complete Amazon shop here!
Gifts $25 and under
- This simple, but beautiful linen apron. I love the gray color!
- • This apron is one-size-fits-all, 100% cotton, and perfect for being in the scene or behind it.
- Renaissance wax polish, perfect for holding any food item in place.
- • This wax is durable and won’t harm the food.
- Vitamin C powder, to keep fruits and veggies from oxidizing on set.
- • One of my top photography styling secrets! This ascorbic acid is perfect for preventing unsightly browning on your cut fruits and veggies. (more food styling tips here)
Gifts $45 and under
- Maldon sea salt flakes, because one can never have enough flake salt!
- • Finishing salt like these sea salt flakes will take add some beautiful texture to your food photography!
- This Peugeot pepper mill – I’ve tried them all and this one is THE best.
- • I find this pepper mill produces the most even grinds (with multiple coarseness settings) and it comes with a lifetime warranty!
- This 18-piece carving tool set made of high-quality stainless steel.
- • These tools will ensure you’re prepared for any shoot. The set even comes with a carrying case!
Gifts to splurge on
- This Canon EF 100mm 2.8 macro lens, a must-have for those crystal clear close-up mouthwatering food shots.
- • Detail for DAYSSSSSSS
- This handmade hammered copper skillet from Sertodo Copper. To be totally honest, ANYTHING from here would be sure to delight. (I also really love to spoon rest!)
If you’re puzzling over what to get the food photographer in your life, choose your price point and place that order! These gifts are perfect for everyone from beginners to seasoned photographers.
And, if you want to check out my most recommended products, head to my Amazon shop!
What are you looking forward to giving? Let me know if I can offer any advice!
If you’re a food photographer yourself, what gift would you love to receive?
Transparency: We may receive a small commission on sales of items linked above. That’s how we are able to continue to create these posts and share this with you for free!